Saturday, October 15, 2016

Week #7

This week has been a good one! Second transfer with my boy elder
Jensen. I'm still in the same area. Blessed. So I'm glad I get to keep
building relationships with ward members and make new ones with new
investigators.

It is starting to cool off here. Thank heavens. But luckily we are
starting to teach a lot more, AND we have a baptismal date for this
awesome lady named Luz! I'm so pumped for her she is ready and I can
see that the gospel will bless her life immensely. That's what's going
on with investigators here, we have others and we are hoping they keep
progressing.

Ok, the plates of Compton might be the best kept secret not only in
the CLAM but in all missions around the world. Missionaries from like
3 years ago put together these plates made out of cardboard and wood
and only elders that has served in my area know about it. There are
funny stories that have happened in this area and I am just honored I
get to have a page that I can write some stories I have while serving
here. I'll send pictures of the plates home and I hope you all get to
see them!

Also! I have heard from like 10 different people that there are people
dressed up like clowns running around where I live people say it's
like the purge. They are run around and just do what ever they want
pretty much and schools have been in lockdown all week because these
clowns are targeting kids and schools. We have been warned if we see
someone dressed up like a clown to not approach them and talk to them.
It's a great time to be in Los Angeles right now.

I shared my testimony in sacrament meeting about the atonement on
Sunday in Spanish. I was scared and I did not want to go up, but while
I was up there waiting
 I asked Heavenly Father for the gift of tongues one more time. An
overwhelming peace came over me. I thought I did a good job while I
was up there. I realized if I want to learn the language I'm going to
have to start taking more leaps of faith like that if I want to become
fluent at Nish.

This week I have been thinking a lot about the word grit. What it
means and how can I have grit everyday. A lot of missionaries have
enthusiasm but not a lot have grit. This week I have been working
really hard no matter what happens no matter the disappointment I'm
just pushing through that day still giving it my all. That's what I
think a successful missionary is, no matter the outcome or other
people's choices you give it everything you have everyday and then the
lord will bless you for your efforts. I hope I can have grit
throughout my whole mission and for the rest of my life.

Love you all! have an awesome week

Peace and Blessings

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment