Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week #9

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I didn't just have a birthday I
had a birth week! This week has been really awesome! We have been
really busy but have found time to celebrate! On Tuesday we went over
to this awesome members house and he barbecued for me and I think I
ate about 5 pounds of food that day.. It was a blessing and a curse.

That same day (Wednesday) half of the mission got to go to the temple!
The Los Angeles temple is the best temple!! It was really cool because
in the session you go into 5 different rooms. That was a first for me
but the entire building is so beautiful. After I had the opportunity
to have an interview with my mission president. He is a stud. We had a
really good conversation and it was really motivating for me to try to
be better everyday.

Later in the week we had an awesome lesson with this couple they
received our message so well and we are looking forward to going back
this week and teaching them some more!

Funny conversation we had this week. My companion and I were walking
around in Compton we stopped at an intersection so he could pick up
Pokemon cards he found on the ground. SMH. When this car pulled up to
the intersection and he said "Y'all play basketball?" I said "Yes I do
sir!" He responds "Y'all seen that video of two Mormons in the hood
and they schooled our brothers?" "yes we have sir!" The man gives out
a big laugh and speeds always. The people here are fantastic

We are starting to have a little more success now. I think it's
because we are exercising more faith. As a companionship we talked
about some areas where we could be doing a better job in and we are
trying to fix them! I know that if we show and exercise more faith in
the lord  then we will see the lords hand in our lives helping us with
tough times and our struggles. It's because he is a forever loving God
and he will always want us to become better people and he will always
be there to help us make those needed changes so that we can grow
closer to him! I know that to be true, I have seen it.

Peace and Blessings

Élder Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment