Thursday, November 17, 2016

Week #12

I hope everyone had a good week! I had a pretty good week full of lessons and funny moments. This was the last week of the transfer. Elder Jensen is going to inglewood, I am staying and getting a new companion! His name is elder holyoak <--- I think that how you spell it.. Oh well looking forward to meeting and working with him this transfer!! 

So we have an investigator that got out of prison and he loves talking about being in there, and he told us about fishing. We had no idea so we asked him and it's how the prisoners communicate while they are in their cells he told us all you need is a bed sheet, staples and a toothpaste bottle. We asked him if he could show us and we can make it with him. We started calling it arts and crafts with him. All you do do is take the individual threads from the sheet tie them to the toothpaste bottle and then a chair leg and start spinning. It makes a strong cord. Then they just slide it to from cell to cell passing notes or things! It's a great skill to have. 

Sunday night some drunk guy stopped us by yelling the usual "hey Mormons!" So we went over he sat us down. We ended up talking to him for 2 hours. He wanted to argue but all we did was bare our testimonies. My companion kind of started to argue. I kept a level head through all of it. After we talked about it and my companion said the spirit was not there at all. I felt the same exact way I think because I didn't let  this mans words shake me. All I did was share what I knew was true. I think I had the spirit with me the whole time. It was cool to me and it showed me just how powerful my testimony is to me. I never realized that I had a testimony like this, that even when people try to tell me otherwise I can share my testimony and to me it only makes me realize what I say is true. I'm going to try harder to bare my testimony more frequently because that is how you make it stronger. I have a testimony that this church is true, the gospel and all of its teaching were restored in the fullest, that Joseph smith was prophet of God and that we have a living prophet today. I know that God knows us each individually and loves us. This is my testimony.
Love you all I want you guys to have a good week!


Elder Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment