Monday, March 27, 2017

Week #30

This week was my first week in my new area! I am coving Hollywood! So the Griffith observatory, walk of fame, Hollywood sign is all in my new area! Oh plus you can see the Scientology HQ from our apartment WOOHOO. Hollywood is very different than Hawthorne. People here are very very weird. Plus there are cannabis dispensaries everywhere. Plus I am starting to dream in rainbow.... the members here are amazing! And we were able to find 8 new investigators this week! A lot of people are prepared for the restored gospel here! This week has been very very enjoyable!
My new companion is Elder Thomson no P. He is from Virginia! He is very funny and he speaks Spanish really well. He has this little giggle that cracks me up. What a man. We work really well together and he makes the work a lot of fun!
Also I am district leader now so my first week as being a DL was cool! I am over 2 companionships of sisters and one set of elders. The two sisters work at the VC so we have to do district meeting on Thursday... I found that out Wednesday night at 10 o'clock luckily I prepared somewhat of a good training that I was able to give to them a somewhat decent training about inviting people simply and with love to be baptized.
There are a lot of Armenians here in Hollywood they usually don't even look at us but a family of Armenians were out grilling and we talked to them they ended up giving us meat with pita bread! It was so good! And they didn't want to hear our message! Still a blessing because they meat was off the hizzle 
Yesterday we did an iPad fast. I have so much respect for the missionaries who use paper everyday. It was difficult! But we were able to talk and have a super spiritual lesson that probs wouldn't have happened! We saw some cool miracles for this fast and we are doing it next Sunday! Reminds of if home and every Sunday not having my phone! It was relaxing but hard. It was a great growing experience 
 We were also able to set a baptismal date to week with our investigator Lorena! When we extended it she was so happy and excited! That got me thinking, it's so cool that we as missionaries invite people to change for the better! How great is that! Inviting people be washed clean of their sins and start a new life. If someone offered me that I would take it and not them finish the sentence. This church is true, we have evidence of it and it's called the Book of Mormon. Love this gospel and for this wonderful opportunity I have to make myself better.

Peace&Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment