Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week #52

This week flew by! Nothing too exciting happened. Went on an exchange and pretty much prepared for the baptism. 

Monday we went on this hike that not a lot of people know about in the mission. We hiked on this dried up riverbed for a couple of miles then turn around and came back up it. After p day ended we went and had dinner with this cute little Latino family they live in this part of town were there are tons of street venders and it's just chaos. As we were walking to the house some guy stopped us and said hey I need saving. So elder eldredge tells him we can't save you but Christ can we can help you learn more about Christ here is our number. As he is writing down his number some lady comes up and starts talking to me about something weird then I just hear elder eldredge go  bro are you serious?? Then he pulls the notecard away from him and says let's go elder clark. I was like what the freak just happened back there?! We get around the corner and I ask him what happened back there?! He said that guy like lightly tapped me in my goodies... so I have been joking all week that he has been groped by a vagabundo lol

Tuesday we had a two hour long lesson with Enrique. Taught all the commandments and went over all the baptismal interview questions. He is so awesome. We asked him if he has ever committed a serious crime and he tells us the only crime I have committed is not having Christ in my heart all my life. What a man. 

Wednesday we were at the VC all day long because the rest of the mission got Facebook so they had to receive the same training we did two weeks ago. It was very boring and long.  Wednesday I think I also ate about 35 tortillas and a bowl of beans with about 13 lbs of salt in it. 

Thursday we had district meeting and what not. Then we had Enrique's baptismal interview. He gave us a little miedo because he showed up 2 hours late. But he came. He passed. So we gooch

Friday nothing happened besides we went to another district meeting then from there went to the VC to help with this kid we have been talking to and helping so,e of our sisters teach. The kid has a lot of doctrinal and factual questions about the church. So elder E and I went up there and wrecked this kids universe. We showed him what's up and created a GM using Facebook so he can just ask us more questions and we can wreck him via technology. 

Saturday we went in exchanges with elder Ortiz and Garcia. I went with elder Ortiz. Oh man we had a great time. We worked hard and saw success in our area! 

Sunday Enrique was baptized! We had to push his baptism back 2 hours because we had to go to stake reports with the Haynie's and President Rudd. That was kind of a mess but to say the least he was baptized!! Oh man he was so ready for it and he invited family and friends! He has been such a great example to me of following Jesus Christ. The humility he has showed in this passed week has been amazing and his desire to be baptized and follow has probably been the strongest I have seen ever. He has been a huge testimony builder for me because I want to follow Christ just like Enrique does! I know if we do that we are going to receive incredible blessings that Heavenly Father and Christ are waiting to give us all we need to do I follow!

Love you all have a great week! 
1-8 our secret hike last week we just ran through a dried up river bed!
  1. All of the homies in barrio tercero  teaching English!
  2. Look at this nasty dinner....
11-12 our boy Enrique getting wet. 
Peace&Blessings

1 comment:

  1. https://www.sassoon-academy.com/en/academy/north-america/santa-monica/Models-Wanted

    Free Haircuts :)

    ReplyDelete