Thursday, December 1, 2016

Week #14

This week was super good! We taught a ton of lessons and I went on
exchanges with one of our zone leaders! Plus it was thanksgiving. I
have a lot to be grateful for. And to finish it all off I had my first
investigator come to church!! It's about time. Elder Holyoak and I are
working really hard and well together. Oh and we have 3 baptismal
dates! One of them will probs fall through but it's still good we are
inviting people to change and grow closer to Christ.
We had thanksgiving dinner with a less active family who love us but
won't come to church hmmmmm any ideas? Anyways they are super cool
family and their youngest daughter isn't baptized and we have
Christmas Day set for her! #getmoneygetpaid other than that we are
knocking on a lot of doors and trying to find new investigators we
found 7 this week!! Things are looking up here in the Hermosa Liahona
ward. Then exchanges with elder Rawlings my zone leader was super fun,
it rained that day and we were out grindin in the streets we were
soaked! We get a long super well just wish he was called Spanish
speaking so I could work with him.. Oh well still grateful for him and
his example!

Funny conversations we had this week was with a teenager. We had a
potential at this kids address so we knocked and just started talking
to him. He had earbuds in so we asked him oh what kind of music do you
like? He said Rap so I asked him what was his favorite rapper and he
said some super new rapper (I'm already out of the loop) I had no Idea
so I asked him if he was from here of chiraq or Harlem. He said no he
isn't from any of those places. So I asked where and he said
inglewood.. (It's about a 5 minute drive to inglewood.) then to
conversation kinda paused and he looked at me and said want to know
something about me? Me being me said fire away. He looked me dead in
the eyes and said "I'm a gangster"  me also being me just about said
"is that why you still live with your mommy?" Jk jk we just said
alright we'll have a good rest of your night buddy and left. You meet
the coolest people here. Blessed.
We took a priest out with us this week and we went to go knock on a
less active house and when we turned to go up the driveway the priest
said no way am I going up to that house. We asked why? He said my ex
lives there and the parents hate me.. He told us he got caught
cheating on the daughter in the very house We told him it would be
fine but he refused so we went and knocked on the door while he sat
and waited on the corner for us. Sweet sweet Fabian
Third and final conversation. We went to this one guy who we stopped
by early in the week and he said we could come back at the end of the
week. He was super cool and wanted to learn more. So we came back on
Saturday. We knock on the door and when he opens it he was so so so
excited to see us! He was just in awe that we were at his house. We
tried telling him that he told us to come back. We got a little
suspicious because he was not like that before. Then he said man you
guys do this in the rain???? Elder Holyoak and I looked up and elder
Holyoak says what rain sarcastically. I wanted to ask if his weed was
expired? But We are missionaries so we just said bye buddy have a good
night!
This wee was very eventful as you can see!

Yes Luz came to church!! First time I have had an investigator to
church!! The ward members did an awesome job of making her feel at
home. It was so cool to watch her finally take the sacrament because
we talk to her a lot about it and how it's a promise to God and and
Jesus to always  remember them. Plus we praised her some hardcore
blessings if she came to church and participated in the sacrament. So
grateful for her and her desire to grow closer to him! She is awesome!

Thanks for all the support and prayers! They help a bunch have a good week!

Elder Clark

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment