Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Week #17

This week was a blast! We taught a ton of people have some new investigators and we got Luz to the visitor center! Plus we had the missionary Christmas devotional. Overall just a really great week. 

First off I got mail from my aunts and uncles my friends and my parents on Friday. I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD. It is so comforting to know that I have so much support back at home cheering me on everyday! Thank you to the Clark, Basso and Jeppson family for the Christmas packages! It means a lot to me! Plus sorry mom I already opened them. Oopsies merry Christmas to me!

Also on Friday we had the Christmas devotional where our mission president and his wife read the story of Christs birth then missionaries would go and play Christmas music it was so awesome and after that it feels like Christmas now! Then that night we had the ward Christmas party. Very different because there was tacos and rice... but it was still fun and it reminded me of home. Plus I got to be one of the kings in the play! 

Then to cap my week off we got Luz to the VC!! She is the cutest little old lady. We walked around the temple grounds and the VC then went to a hand bell orchestra that was super awesome! Right before the concert started Luz taps me on the shoulder and gives me two pieces of hard candy, I give one to my companion and we both pop them in our mouths.. turns out they were cough drops.... now I know I won't be getting a sore throat anytime soon!

The funny thing that happened this week was during the concert. The members that helped us get Luz up there wanted to record the handbells and immediately post them to Facebook. They recorded the first song and then when it got down it went quiet, then hermano Marin's phone starts playing the song they just got done playing... heads were turning and we got a nasty look from the conductor. My companion leans over to me and says "who brought those noobs, how embarrassing" I started laughing pretty hard which drew even more attention us. But overall it was a great experience and Luz enjoyed it all! 

This gospel is all about progression, I have been  very impatient with my self from day one. I thought a light switch would turn on and boom I would become this hard working spiritual giant with a powerful testimony that I could share in Spanish. At the Christmas devotional when experienced elder and sister were sharing their testimonies I realized that I have made improvements small but obvious changes. Like a sunrise, everyday it gets a little more bright gradually getting more bright until one day it will be at its peak. It doesn't matter if you have been a member your whole life or got baptized yesterday. Everyday we have the opportunity to progress and make ourselves better and grow closer to our Heavenly Father. Tus is why I love this gospel so much now, because I know if I stay true and faithful the light within me will continue to grow bigger and bigger!

Have a good week everyone! Enjoy the holidays! Remember why we celebrate all of this!

Elder Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment