Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week #33

This was the last of the transfer so we tried to go as hard as we could because we didn't know what was going to happen at the end of the week. 
I went on exchanges with elder fierro, he is from Oaxaca (waahaca) Mexico he only have a transfer and a half left. Super hard working missionary plus we is the funniest cutest little monkey no real big miracle but we did have an odd convo about weed. We were walking by this lady opened get up her gate and I hawked how her day was going she said "freaking awesome!" So I asked why she goes on to say she is going to buy weed and how great it is and what not  I pretending like I knew something about it couldn't do it I have no clue. So I tried to share the restoration something I do know about but she was more focused on her "good stuff" as she called it. Elder fierro was dying the rest of the night! He kept saying what if president Haynie was there for that convo the entire time. 
We had a super cool miracle this week we got a referral from the visitor center! So we went over and taught them! They are so cool and ready to change because they have had a lot of stuff happen to them lately and they are ready! Brittany is white but learned Spanish for her husband Julio!! Brittany knows a ton about the church she has already been to all of the church history sites and Julio lives the idea of eternal families!! We are going back this week and I cannot wait!!
Funny story, we were teaching our recent concerts candy and margarita. As elder Thomson was saying the closing prayer, well for some reason latinos like to whisper while others are praying. It is usually just like "si seƱor" and stuff like that. So while elder Thompson was praying margarita was whispering then all of the sudden you hear from candy SHHHHH. i started laughing after that but it was a great lesson to say the least. 
We also set a baptismal date with our homie Chris!! He is 17 and he is ready! He read the restoration pamphlet and he like remember word for word what Christ said to Joseph smith and everything! I thought it was super cool what he said. He said as I was reading the pamphlet it didn't seem knew to me, it just seemed like a review. I thought that was so cool because those are the elect. The ones who know this is true deep down and it sounds familiar. He is the elect. And we are so excited to work with him more!! 
Also one last thing elder Thomson and I are stating I am pumped for another 6 weeks here! We are going to see the fruits of our labors this next transfer I know it!
Church is true. The priesthood is real. Prophets and apostles are on the earth  today. So happy and humble I can be a missionary right now. 

Pics!
1-3. Our hike we did last p day 
  1. If you can't already tell by this pic but I am having a blast out here in CA!

Peace&Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment