Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Week #36

This week had a lot of ups and downs, but overall it was a good week! It was actually very eventful! 
Monday and Tuesday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders. I went with elder Reynolds he is awesome and about ready to go home. We first taught some lady at the family history library and helped her find more names because she loves doing it! While we were there some guy from Columbia was having trouble or needed the help the the senior missionary helping him couldn't speak Spanish so she came up and asked us so I said yeah I it a shot, he was so cute, so I helped him log on and then he sat there and told me all about his family and he was showing me pics and everything. 
Wednesday we went and helped at SOVA, a Jewish food bank. it is so fun to go there and every time we walk in all the Jews go ELDERS!!!! Then at the end they let us take whatever we want! We also had Jorge's baptismal interview. My boy elder Vega came up to do. We waited at the church for an hour for him to come.. so elder Vega told me let's just go to his house. So we went over to his house and elder Vega did the interview,and I sat in the kitchen and talked to Jorge's wife. About an hour they came into the kitchen and said he will be baptized!
Thursday we had zone conference. It was just a mini one. The AP's asked me if I would give the first vision. Ugh that's the worst one to do I would much rather say a prayer or give a talk. It was super good tho! Learned a lot! After ZC we went to the temple to watch candy participate in temple baptisms!! Holy cow that was awesome to see her do that and help others who did not get the chance here on this life. She wants to go again!
For some reason I love talking to hobos, I think it's because Hollywood is in rich abundance and you just don't know what you're going to get when you say hey how are you today! I feel bad for them because the people here are not  nice to anyone especially these people. We talked to this one hobo outside of 7-11 and we said hey do you want anything? He said no no I am good, so we just said alright we are going to go get a drink! And as we were walking in in he yelled tuna fish! We guessed he was talking to us so we bought him a tuna fish sandwich a water and some chips. Then we watched him eat it and I lost my appetite lol.  I usually ask them if they would pull a rickshaw because they have an infinite street knowledge 
Saturday was the zone blitz! It was so so fun we did a little bit better than last time too! We found 59 people that want to hear our message. The last phase my different companion and I went and worked in Beverly Hills.. that's was intimidating but you just have to get in there a go raw and show those people you have no fear or else they will not talk to you. 
Sunday was suppose to be Jorge's baptism. He backed out.. it was super sad. We had the program talks and everything ready. We called him and he just said I just need to read more of the Book of Mormon. He knows all of this is true but he just needs to see that he is ready. This was something that helped me so much right before I took the sacrament yesterday I had the most comforting feeling I have ever felt, and then a thought came in that said elder Clark you are going to be so blessed for your efforts out here. Made me tear up a little because I felt so good made me know that God loves me and I know that without a doubt! 
Love you all have a good week!
1&2 ate with a super cool couple on exchanges! They are here for an internship for the summer! Reminded me of K&J!!
3&4 the zone blitz round 2

Peace&Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment