Sunday, June 11, 2017

Week #37

This week went by super fast! Not a lot happened. I felt like we hardly had anytime in our area this week. So kinda bummed the work didn't really progress that much this week:( 

On Monday my companion got a call from our mission president telling him some bad news from home. So he asked for a blessing from president so when p day ended we went to the mission office and president Haynie and I gave my companion a blessing of comfort. Man that was a very cool experience, I love president Haynies testimonies  that blessing so so powerful yet so simple. He is the man. 

It was kind of a big blow to my companion, he is already having a hard time with Spanish and confidence and this just took a shot to him:( so it's been pretty hard to keep him motivated to go work and talk to people. I guess this week has been more of a comfort my companion week! That's alright because I need him bad!
As of now we are really trying to work through the members and have their friends and non member family talk to us. Because street contacting isn't all that effective. One day we were walking in a neighborhood and some guy building an apartment complex stopped us and said the guy who lives in a trailer at the site wants to talk to us! Turns out the guy working at the site is a member from San Pedro! He gave us the dudes number so that was a great blessing and miracle! We finna call him! 

A funny convo we had was with a couple of dudes that are street performers from Venice beach.. they first said scientologist? Nope. Mormons? Yep. Then they went off on how they love the church and how much fun we have as a church camping, picnics, ward get togethers. Then they said plus you have that choir full of bada**es we said oh yeah the Mormon tabernacle choir! Yeah they are great! 
Second one we were walking back to our car from dinner and this one guy from across the street yelled scientologist? No, mormons! I love Mormons! I dated a Mormon girl in high school and she was feisty! Then walk into his apartment complex.

Our mission presidents wife challenged us as missionaries to memorize all the articles of faith. So this week I have been pondering on why we have them. I think they are the most powerful thing to use or say when someone asks what do mormons believe in? They are so simple yet powerful. It's what we truly believe in. My challenge for you all is to learn the articles of faith all 13 of them! I can promise you, you will grow your testimony and have a better understanding of what we as Latter-day Saints believe in! 
Love you all! Have a great week! 

Only pic from this week:( sorry 
But at Kobe's house preparing for his baptism! 

Peace&Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment