Monday, June 12, 2017

Week #38

This week has been a pretty hard one.. but it was still full of fun and miracles! We didn't have a whole lot of time in our area so we haven't really been able to find new people or even just get out and talk to people. 

Last p day there is a a member of the Hollywood ward that does those star line things so he let us and the Russian missionaries go on the tour for free!! Apparently it  is 60 bucks a person, so personally I think it is the biggest scam because pretty much all you do is pay 60 bucks to stare are celebrities fences.. luckily we didn't have to pay a nickel! We got to see Kay perrys house, Eddie Murpheys, Bruno mars and more! That was fun and I have pics! Pretty sure we left the mission for a little. Oops. 

Tuesday was ZLC and we pretty much talked about why all of the numbers for the zone are down, and why so many companionships are having problems with not working and so forth. We pretty much came to the conclusion that as a leadership we need to show our love more for our missionaries! Get them motivated and show that we care about them! One of those missionaries that needs some motivation is my companion.. it's been a hard week for him. He told me Tuesday that he just wants to go home:( I said heck no you don't his is the best out here the lord and I need you out here!!! I bought him some churches chicken and he seemed to do a lot better afterwards:) 

Wednesday we were in a trio for most of the day with elder Lopez! The little guy is the best! We talked mostly in Spanish. It was the same thing for my companion:) just kinda down and depressed:( I can't keep buying him churches chicken!! I finna go broke if that's the case! 

Thursday was our last district meeting of the transfer. It was good! I love my district they are the best! After we had a cereal party!! I brought all of the cereal we had because we have slowly been getting more and more cereal on top of our fridge, mostly because ants the first isle we go to at food 4 less. It was a good way to bond as a district! 

After district meeting we were walking around knocking on doors when all of the sudden we go to leave an apartment and the door was locked on both sides.. so we went to the next door same thing! We tried 4 doors and same answer. We were locked in the fool apartment complex!! We were in there for like 10 mins until I finally said I don't care I'm gonna hope the fence into someone else's yard and use their gate! As I am getting ready to do it a thought comes into my head. Pray. So we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to let us get out of this complex. After we close the prayer elder Lawton walks up and boom door opens right up. THE POWER OF PRAYER IS REAL! 

No funny stories or convos this week:( it's been a toughie 

This week I have been reading in Alma, specifically Alma 36 and I'll give you the passage:
17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

Alma is describing to his sone Helaman what happened when an angel of the lord appeared unto him I love it about how just horrible he felt his souls was racked with torment,  but then he remembered something his father told him about the coming of Jesus Christ. Then he couldn't remember his sins anymore! And his pain and fear turned into joy! that's really what Christ does, brings us joy! I live this gospel, I love Jesus Christ it is only through him can we find everlasting joy and peace in this life! 

Got transfer calls last night I am going to the English program:( #laidiomadeDios

Also one last thing! My trainer became AP this week. Everyone thought it would be Elder Holyoak, Elder Holyoak if you're reading this I think you're a nerd. 

Have a good week! Share the gospel with someone! 

Pics 
  1. The Mish, plus the Hollywood bowl
  2. Bruno Mars house 
  3. I guess they filmed a scene from The Godfather here.. all I remember was the house was like 203 mill 
  4. Gwen Stefani's house
  5. Universal studios
  6. Beverly Hills hotel or hotel California 
  7. The lady from Star Wars that just died tbh her house was ugly and old, her gate speakers for the rest of the house. 
  8. Michael Jacksons house! Well gate.. 
  9. my favorite. The house of Kanye West 
  10. 2 mill Bugatti on rodeo dr. 
  11. The district! 
  • Me 
  • Elder Reynolds, from Virginia, and our zone leader
  • Elder Lawton, from Kansas, my Comp, tom cruise look alike 
  • Elder Jung, from Seoul South Korea, our other zone leader, we joke he is from Pyongyang North Korea 
  • Sister Call, from the Mormon colonies in Mexico, she knows Parker Robinson and Preston Moyle, she is just the nicest 
  • Sister Rosenlund, from Nebraska, one of our STL's 
  • Sister Harris, from New Jersey, nicest lil misionera 
  • Elder Lopez, from kaysville utah but grew in Tijuana Mexico, got the whole zone to rap "grandma use to call me Mickey Mouse but I'm the rat" to him because someone called him a shifty lil rat one time 
  • Elder Fierro, from Oaxaca Mexico, has the funniest laugh in the mish 
  • Sister Jones,from Alaska, just got here don't know much about here besides she is jacked to be a missionary 
  • Sister Jimenez, from New Jersey, but grew up in the Dominican Republic, she's brand new as well, she is a very good teacher tho
  • Sister Meyer, from Hawaii, goes home tomorrow, RIP☠️



Peace&Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment