Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Week #25

Well I am in Inglewood now!! I live right Around the corner from where they are building the new Rams stadium! Our apartment was a disaster. The Elder that lived here before us didn't clean it at all... one of the doors to our shelves in our kitchen the tops hinge was stripped so it was barely hanging on so we just took the door off completely. It's tiny, it stinks, it's home. I don't mind it. As for our car.. it has engine problems. So this week we have spent a bit of time I pep boys. But we have had a lot of success with the time we have had to actually work! 

We met this one guy I don't remember his name but we were talking to him and he told us his sister is Mormon in Mexico and he kinda wants to learn more! Then all of the sudden he starts to draw something on the sidewalk. I asked him "what are ya doin?" He told us that he was drawing his clique sign. I asked him what clique or gang he was from. He told us I don't remember. Then I asked "you and your boys gonna protect us?" He said to us, "yo if you ever have any trouble every call me man, don't go to the cops they are frauds, come to me and we will take care of them for you." Said sweet then left him with a prayer.

Besides that we were able to set a baptismal date with a young investigator named Jonathan! He is awesome and the LDS that introduced him to the church is even better! Can't wait to help him progress even more! Plus he came to church yesterday. What a guy. 

In Saturday we had a ward party for the elders quorum we had food and games it was fun and it was suppose to be in the park by our church but the park was an absolute mud bog so we had to have the party in the church but it was fun! Plus Mexican food is the best!

A thought that I had this week, sometimes we are so impatient with Christ and God to answer our prayers and help us out or give us what we want. We need to have patience with them and have the faith that they are going to answer our prayers. Because God and Christ are so patient with us and our eternal progression. Have patience with them like they have for all of us. Because I know they have to use a lot of patience with me because I am a slow learner. He is great, he loves me, I can't wait to go home to him. 

Peace and blessings 

Elder Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment