Thursday, February 2, 2017

Week #23

Bikes are the Worst
This week has been a weird one! I got a call Sunday night that said I am going to Santa Fe springs! All the missionaries say it's the armpit of the mission and that when you come out here you get forgotten about... guess we will see how long I will be out here for!

My new companion is Elder loose! I am training him!He is from Texas and he is probably the nicest person on the face of the earth. A little weird but it's because we were just raised very different. I'll give you an example. We were driving up to the temple and when you are headed north on the 405 in the foothills there is the biggest building. Every time we are driving up there I always say to the other missionaries "hey did you know that ginormous building is Kobe Bryant's house?" So I said that to my new companion and he looked at me with a blank stare.. so I had to ask if he new who that was and he has no clue... yes we are very different. But I love him. Great guy. 

Wednesday we were able to watch the worldwide missionary broadcast and there is something completely new!! Pretty much we can do studies and stuff like that whenever we want! They are giving us the agency to decide when to do it and when to prosélitos and what not. Plus we plan in the morning so now when we return home all we have to do it go to sleep which I know that was revelation. Then after we went and did a session in the temple! Plus president Haynie got permission from SLC so that the whole mission could get together! It was awesome and long! But it was a once in a lifetime experience! 

About the bike.. it's a fixy, it sucks, it's the worst, it's my mode of transportation. My thighs are already two big blocks of ham ready to be harvested by the ham man himself. It's great. Then one day we started to go down this hill and I spaced that you can't stop peddling until I lost control, so I just stuck my legs out the side and costed. I'm sure that was a sight to see with my lengthy legs. I just hate the fixy because I can't pop and sweet wheelies on it:( I'm stuck on it for now, might as well have some fun while I have it.  Pls pray for me. 

As for training it's been an experience because I really have been relying on the lord to help me speak, to grind everyday and to find people that are interested. I am gaining a testimony quick about leaning on the lord, because I don't know how to be a missionary yet. But if I pray to him for the strength to endure this challenge I will come out stronger and better then when I went into this challenge. Lean on the lord always and you will have a peace like never before. I can promise you that with all my heart, I can promise you that through experience!

That's my week! I'd love to hear from you all! Have a great week!

Peace and blessings 

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment