Monday, August 14, 2017

Week #47

This week was super good!! A lot happened and we set a baptismal date and have two solid investigators!

It happened on Tuesday! First we had interviews pretty much all day. All we do as Zone leaders is keep all the interviews on schedule. So we just sat there. But at 4:30 we went up to the visitors center and had a super great lesson with our new investigator Wendy! She is solid! Plus she has a bunch of family that is LDS so that's always a plus to have that support! Right after that we had to haul back to our area to have a lesson with our other new investigator named thania! She is 19 and is super chill! We set a baptismal date with her! Tuesday was just a great day #blessed

Wednesday we went and helped out at the same school pretty much all day long. They just kept asking all of us to do one more thing. But we finally got out of there. It was super fun tho! Always glad to give a helping hand! 

Thursday we were on exchanges I went with my second to last companion elder lawton! He is doing so much better! 

This weekend has been a big party since Johnny the kid that lives in the front house is leaving on his mission on Wednesday:( it's sad I don't really want him to go. But he finna kill it in Guatemala! So he had a lot of goodbye parties and we helped set up and clean up for those! 

Something that I loved this week and I actually spoke on it a couple of weeks ago was about the importance of the sacrament. Yesterday I was able to just sit and take it. I really got to meditate and think about how my week was and I truly did feel different after taking the sacrament. I was truly able to feel the cleansing power that comes from Jesus Christ. Still amazed at Him and all that he does for me. I know without a doubt he loves me, knows me and cares for me.  

Quote of the week from Elder Eldredge. We were coming home Saturday night out of our sketchy area and we rolled down the windows and blasted praise to the man by vocal point (not my first choice but it happened to be on) then elder eldredge goes "why do people look at us like idiots? Meh doesn't matter cause they are going to hell and we aren't."

Have a great week! Look for simple opportunities to share the gospel or serve someone! Love you all!

Pics por fin!
  1. The LA Butchery 
  2. Buncha white kids walking down western Ave.  lol
  3. Service project.
  4. Views of DTLA from the south part of our area. 



Peace&Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment