Monday, August 21, 2017

Week #48

It was a great week! A little slow in the work aspect because almost everyone of our lessons canceled this week but we also had an apostle come talk to us. So it evens out. 

Tuesday we just worked. But we actually had to go to the church to make a schedule for this book fair we were serving at on Saturday so that ate up most of the time for the day. 

Wednesday I went on exchanges with my boy elder Thomson!! Love that homie to death! Tuesday night we exchanged and I was at his place. He was talking to me and I straight knocked out at 9:30 because I am completely exhausted because we never go to bed on time especially when elders don't text that they are in and then we have to leave our apartment at 10:20 at night to go look for them. So I just passed out cold that night at 9:30 and the next day I felt fabulous! We went out and worked hard then exchanged back early because we had ward coordination meetings. 

Thursday was district meetings freaking love my district they are all the best. Then we went out and worked some more! 

Friday we had to wake up early and be at the temple at 7 in the morn for temple service. So we were out in the sun grinding pulling weeds at el templo until a lit noon then came back and tried to knock off some of our referrals. Friday we also go to go to el coyote! It is a famous Mexican restaurant in LA and the owners just happen to be in our ward. So my boy eazy Elder E and I got buffalo enchiladas and tacos. Oh and the owners gave us a referral from one of their staff. It was nice because we got treated like royalty in there. Friday night at 6 at a nice sit down restaurant and we were in and out of there in 25 mins. 

Saturday was the book fair at a mall. We were there from 7-5:30 in the sun just helping out where help was needed! It was fun and every member from the zone came plus we got some sick hats and a free Quran with my name written in Arabic. We also got to meet my boy Star. He is this crazy I am guessing homeless dude that was wondering around the book fair handing out vegan pamphlets with scriptures in it and saying if Jesus were here today he wouldn't eat meat! He was also wearing a Bernie sanders hat with sweet Bernie sanders buttons all over it I asked if I could have one of them but he would always change the subject! Freakin Star. I got baked by the sun that day it was bad I had a throbbing head and I wanted to go home and cry about it. But after the book fair we finally had our flood the Visitors center night! We were able to go with one of our recent converts! We watched the testaments and it was a great time!

Sunday we had a special stake conference and Elder Ballard was the main speaker! Oh man I just strengthened my testimony even more about how God works though his prophets and apostles. Elder Ballards testimony was so simple yet it hit you so hard. What he was teaching us on we so simple and it had so much meaning behind it. Elder Ballard threw some shade at us tho... he was saying how we spend too much time on social media and how when we want answers answered we go to google and the internet. Then he said I always ask them when was the last time you picked up the Book of Mormon? Roasted. But that's really all he Asked us to do! Is read and pray often and learn and know about the plan of salvation. I kw what he is saying is true because he is an apostle of the lord! That's my challenge for you all this week! Read and pray more often and know and learn as much as you can about the plan of salvation!

Love you all! Have an awesome week!

Pics 
1-3 with our main squeeze Star 
  1. With the head honcho of the book fair 
  2. Most of the zone homies 
  3. Freakin Star. 

Last Monday we were sitting at the Hollywood building when a man comes up and asks if he can use the parking lot to park some equipment for a music video he is shooting around the corner. So I asked him who the artist is and he looks at all of us and goes "I trust all of you, we are filming for Jason Derulo" thought was worth sharing. 
Peace&Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment